Understanding and Correcting Bow
The second in a series of patterned tolerances describes BOW.
1. Begin by locating a pattern on left side of carpet and locating identical pattern on right.
2. Drop a dryline from the pattern on the left to the identical pattern on the right.
3. From the dryline, measure any of the identical patterns. If any are more than 1 inch off, contact the manufacturer.
B. TO CORRECT BOW
1. The use of a deadman and a powerstretcher are required.
3. Follow the same method as if correcting the SKEW.
Edge Deviation - Trueness of Edge - Bow in Length
A. Use powerstretcher and deadman to stretch in the width.
B. Stay nail and hold pattern with powerstretcher