Why is it the responsibility of flooring contractors to
• Test for alkalinity in sub-floors
• Test for moisture.
• Check subfloors for chemicals - oil, wax, alcohol, grease, paints, sealers and curing compounds, not compatible with adhesives.
• Check subfloors for ridges.,br> • Check for dips or holes in subfloors.
• Check that wood subfloors are firm and stable.
• Check walls where vinyl / carpet base is to be installed.
Flooring installers get paid for installation of flooring. This should not include floor preparation in our estimates because when an estimate is put together, oftentimes the building is not built and the subfloor is not completed, so we do not have a clue if it will be minor or major floor preparation.