The LMCI is a Taft-Hartley Fund representing 140,000 members of the IUPAT and 10,000 employers signatory to collective bargaining agreements with the IUPAT. The LMCI is funded by hourly contributions negotiated into local and national collective bargaining agreements.
• LMCI will be the primary resource for leader education, knowledge exchange and networking that improves the capabilities of the unionized finishing industries' workforce.
• LMCI will be the recognized leader of the labor management cooperative approach to advance the collectively bargained finishing industry.
• LMCI will be the driving force in expanding cooperative initiatives to additional finishing industry associations and union entities at all levels.
• Foster the labor management collaborative effort at the local level.
• Sponsor regional labor management workshops to educate local area labor and management leaders.
• Enhance the image of the unionized finishing industry.
LMCI AND THE FUTURE
The LMCI's role is expanding as our mission and message has become known. Our focus is on industry programs which enhance the market share and work opportunities of our participants. Productive labor management relations is a requirement today-not an option.
THE PAINTERS AND ALLIED TRADES LABOR-MANAGEMENT COOPERATION INITIATIVE (LMCI) ADVANCES THE COLLECTIVELY BARGAINED FINISHING INDUSTRIES THROUGH COMMUNICATION, TRUST AND MUTUAL RESPECT BETWEEN THE INTERNATIONAL UNION OF PAINTERS AND ALLIED TRADES (IUPAT) AND THE FINISHING CONTRACTORS' ASSOCIATION (FCA), AND ALL THE SIGNATORY EMPLOYERS OF THE IUPAT.
Painters and Allied Trades Labor Management Cooperation Initiative
1750 New York Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20006
(202) 637-0798, FAX (202) 637-0796