Following the recently held convention inn Kansas City, CFI has announced the implementation of new programs designed to enhance the value of certification. Beginning January 1, 2008, certified installers who attend the updated programs will be listed the association’s directory, as well as on the website with the most-recent dates of attendance listed.
The program’s specifics include:
- All CFI Certified Installers will be required to update every three years to maintain the credibility for the CFI organization and its members.
- Installers will be charged a fee of $100 to update, and must register in advance.
- Installers who participate in the update process maintain their current level of certification, and may register for advancement if they choose (up to R-ll or C-ll, at a regular certification). Charges will apply according to the number of levels. The update fee of $100 will be waived and regular fees will be administered.
- This is a form of continuing education units (CEU), which is required for most professional careers.
- The CFI directory and website will list the current update with the installer’s information.
Further, CFI also announced its new partnership with the Flooring Installation Association of North America (FIANA), which will offer its distributor network for sponsoring educational events and training sessions. For more information, visit www.CFIinstallers.com.