D. Christopher Davis, ceo and president of the World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) led the WFCA-sponsored Leadership Conference with opening remarks, followed by Bruce Christopher who focused on methods of dealing with difficult people.
Several educational sessions were also available for attendees, including: Andy Acker and Corey Stevens, Schluter-Systems, with “Innovative Solutions for Ceramic and Stone Skills Workshop”; “New Hard Surface Product Training and Demonstration,” by Tim Provence and Rick Herr, Armstrong; “Designer Wallbase and Rubber Products Skills Workshop,” with Don Styka and Dick Schmidt, Johnsonite; “Ceramic Tile, the Knowledge and Skills for Successful Installations,” with Dave Gobis and Scott Carothers (CTEF), Jon Namba (CFI), Keith Moore and Dennis Sandell (MAPEI) and Donny Brasher and Mike Wagner (ARDEX).
During the convention, several awards were given to attendees, including:
- 2007 Gress Award: Michael Lassetter and Charles Pruitt;
- 50+ Award CFI Leather Jacket: Tony Buckhardt;
- Free Surfaces 2008 trip: Roland Thompson;
- L. Fishman Chapter Achievement $500 Award: Delmarva CFI Chapter;
- MAPEI $1,000 Gift Certificate drawing: Tony Buckhardt.