Byrne, who currently serves as Minnesota-based Grazzini Brothers & Co.’s vp, has also served as trustee on the Tile Setters Health and Welfare Fund (the tile setters retirement and pension fund) for many years. He also served as past president for the TCAA and the St. Paul Builders Exchange, as well as secretary/treasurer of the Minnesota Ceramic Tile Contractors Association.
Also receiving acknowledgement were the 2007 Project of the Year Winners. They are:
- First Place Commercial - Artisan Tile & Marble Co. of New Jersey for the Donald Stewart Center for Early Childhood Education.
- First Place Residential - DFS Flooring (formerly Marble Restoration, Inc.) for Villa Montelabre
- Second Place Commercial - Lippert Tile Company of Wisconsin for Cheesecake Factory
- Second Place Residential - Lippert Tile Company for STK Residence
- Technical Merit - Eugene G. Sackett Co., Inc. for its Eastside YMCA commercial project.
Also recognized were the 2007 TCAA architectural student scholarship awardees, Josh Dennenberg, who is working on a Masters Degree from the Harvard School of Design, and Bridgette Richardson, who was recently granted a Masters Degree in Architecture from the University of Illinois-Champaign. Both were in attendance at the convention courtesy of TCAA.
Already planning its next event, the TCAA has set Nov. 8-11, 2008 in Orlando, Fla., to mark its 100th Convention. For more information, call (800) 655-TILE, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.tcaainc.org.