The National Wood Flooring Association announced the winners of its 2010 Wood Floor of the Year Contest during its Annual Convention in Washington, DC, March 22 – 24.
The Wood Floor of the Year awards were developed to encourage and recognize innovative craftsmanship and design in wood flooring installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 200 awards have been presented to NWFA member companies throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in Russia and Finland.
This year’s Wood Floor of the Year Contest yielded nearly 100 entries from six countries, including the United States, Canada, Latvia, Egypt, Finland, and Russia. All entries in the competition featured flooring installations completed between January 2009 and January 2010. Wood Floor of the Year awards for 2010 are as follows:
- Best CNC/Laser Cut: Czar Floors - Newtown, PA
- Best Commercial: Schmidt Custom Floors, Inc. - Waukesha, WI
- Best Extreme Makeover: Inex Floors - Richboro, PA
- Best Limited Species: Archetypal Imaginary Remodeling Corp. - Little Neck, NY
- Best Manufacturer Finish Finished: John Yarema - Oakland, MI
- Best Reclaimed: DM Hardwood Designs - Farmington, NM
- Best Residential: John Alford Floorcovering, Inc. - Milan, IN
- Best Restoration: Universal Floors - Washington, DC
- Members’ Choice: Universal Floors - Washington, DC
- Best CNC/Laser Cut: John Yarema - Oakland, MI
- Best CNC/Laser Cut: Yantarnaya Pryad Parquet – Khimki, Russia