- Glass and mosaic tile installation methods.
- Thin-set mortar setting materials: choosing the appropriate products.
- Tile vs. Stone: Understanding the pros and cons of each (Part I).
- Tile vs. Stone: Understanding the pros and cons of each (Part II).
On Friday, April 30, Sloan presented a two-hour workshop as part of the Coverings Conference program, which covered the following topics:
- Grouting tips and techniques for portland cement, epoxy and urethane.
- Large format tile DO’s and Don’ts.
For the third year, the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF) conducted its Certification Program, an intensive 4-1/2 day series for professional installers that included hands-on skills testing and the industry’s only standards-based accreditation.
On Thursday, April 29, Ceramic Tile Education Foundation executive director Scott Carothers moderated a forum of tile contractors who have successfully passed the Certified Tile Installer two-part exam. In “It Pays to be Certified: Testimonials from Certified Ceramic Tile Installers about Program Benefits,” these certified tile installers shared their thoughts about the program and how they are actively promoting it to their customers.