Topics for this course include:
- Classroom and demonstrations with product provided by several different manufacturers
- Properties and characteristics of tile vs. stone
- Setting materials - Substrate preparation
- Deflection - Balancing floors
- Backerboards - Membrane systems - Radiant systems
- Estimating and layout / Tools required
- Demonstration of techniques for walls installation
- TCNA and ANSI guidelines
The Ceramic Training and Certification will be held at L. Fishman , 6301 E. Lombard St., Baltimore, MD 21224.
A minimum of two years experience is required for CFI Certification. Cost for the course is $485. As an added bonus, the World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) offers trade scholarships up to $500 per member. All CFI Events are covered 100% up to your limit. For more information, call (816) 231-4646 or email CFIguy@earthlink.net.