The International Certified Floorcovering Installers Association (CFI) will offer its Laminate/Hardwood Training & Certification course Jan. 18-19 in Portland, Ore.
- Various types of manufactured materials with different fastening systems
- Technical handouts provided for future reference
- Use of manufacturer’s recommended installation supplies
- Specific installation properties and characteristics for each type of flooring
- Glue vs. Click - Adhesives - Plank-lay direction - Startup and row stagger
- Room size - Spacers - Silicone sealant
- Stairs – Transition systems – Expnasion issues – Board repair
- • NALFA (www.nalfa.org) and Armstrong Certifications (www.floorexpert.com) available
- Classroom and demonstrations of pre-finished hardwoods presented with various types of manufactured products
- Nail-down, glue-down and floating floor installations
- Re-coating / Factory finishes (UV-cured, acrylic impregnated, ceramic and aluminum oxide)
- Transitions – two parts
- Balancing floors
- Properties and characteristics of unfinished and pre-finished floors (solid -types of cuts- plain, quarter sawn, rift sawn)
- • Strip and plank - Engineered and parquet / Janka hardness - Cork and bamboo
- Radiant systems
- • NWFA (www.nwfacp.org) and Armstrong Certifications (www.floorexpert.com) available
The Laminate/Hardwood Training & Certification will be held at Cronin Company, 5230 North Basin, Portland, OR 97217.
A minimum of two years experience is required for CFI Certification. Cost for the course is $485. As an added bonus, the World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) offers trade scholarships up to $500 per member. All CFI Events are covered 100% up to your limit. For more information, call (816) 471-6025 or email CFIguy@earthlink.net.
Report Abusive Comment