The International Certified Floorcovering Installers Association (CFI) will offer its Resilient Installation Training and Certification course Jan. 13-14 in Milwaukee, Wis.
The two-day intensive, hands-on workshop provides installers, technical staffs, inspectors, dealers and sales associates with the latest information concerning resilient flooring. A technical certification is available as well as the certification for industry associates. Installers who successfully complete the requirements of the course receive CFI Residential Resilient Certification (RR-I), one-year renewable membership, CFI decals and shirt, listing on the website and in the directory and the CFI Identification Badge and Certificate. Associates receive the CFI Residential Resilient Technical Certification. There is also opportunity to apply for Armstrong Commercial Certification following training.
Topics for this course include:
- Professionalism - Job site Preparation and installation requirements
- Moisture (Effects of Moisture, Moisture testing Procedures)
- Use of stripping agents, citrus solvents, paint thinners, charcoal lighter fluid
- Patching compounds (Portland-based, gypsum and SLC’s)
- Types of flooring (rotogravure, inlaid, linoleum, felt-backed, vinyl-backed, vinyl-composition tile (VCT), Vinyl asbestos tile (VAT) and rubber)
- Wall base and transitions
- Installation characteristics (adhesives, trowels, open-time, seam sealers, proper seam preparation, proper sealing techniques and using correct rollers)
- Review of common problems such as telegraphing and installation over existing flooring
- Flash coving and seam welding
The Resilient Installation Training and Certification course will be held at ProSource Flooring, 6615 W. Mill Road, Milwaukee, WI 53218.
A minimum of two years experience is required for CFI Certification. Cost for the course is $485. The first ten WFCA members who apply for the course will pay only $125.
For more information, call (816) 231-4646 or email CFIguy@earthlink.net.