The November 2011 update to the Social Flooring Index includes 190 blogs (vs. 168 in April) focused on flooring and flooring-related content. These 190 blogs have generated 8,174 total conversations [or blog articles] over the past 6 months which translates to 1.79 blog posts per week per blog.
Highlights of the November 2011 Social Flooring Index update include:
- 19 of 190 blogs have high and medium influence in the flooring social media community – a decrease of 2% since April 2011.
- 48% promote other social network profiles (e.g., Twitter or Facebook fan pages) on their blogs, facilitating “in real life” connection. This is an increase of 7% since April, 2011.
- Those blogs engaged in other social networks primarily focus on Twitter, then Facebook Fan Pages. Only 4% promote individual LinkedIn profiles.
- The rate of blog post publishing is holding relatively steady at 1.79 blog articles per week vs. 1.877 in April 2011.
- Although 43.6% of conversations specifically mention flooring products, ‘home’ comes up in 35% of blog articles, ‘time’ in 26%, ‘design’ in 21% and ‘work’ in 20% of conversations.
“Blogs constitute the hub or core of a serious social media marketing strategy,” said Christine B. Whittemore of Simple Marketing Now. “They offer floor covering companies an effective means for connecting with core customers and establishing trust with them. When combined with other social media marketing tools, such as Twitter or Facebook Fan Pages, they can be extremely effective in helping a company get found online.”
The Social Flooring Index represents a special case of Simple Marketing Now’s Social Ranking Index for business. It provides a direct measurement of flooring industry companies’ use and integration of social media marketing tools into their day to day business. It clearly highlights who is, and who is not, making use of the new tools. Since regularly updated websites and blogs are the single best way to get found online and attract the attention of search engines, the Social Flooring Index also provides a direct measurement of which sites are getting industry and customer attention.
To access the Social Flooring Index, visit http://simplemarketingnow.com/blog/social-flooring-index-blog .