AmericasMart preps for Market with GIFT collection
With new exhibitors from the United States and from Europe and with a large GIFT product collection, The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market, Jan. 9-16, 2013 at AmericasMart, is where buyers and sellers kick off a successful year.
Temporary exhibits are open Jan. 11-15. The Atlanta International Area Rug Market featuring the National Oriental Rug Show runs Jan. 10-13.
From around the world and across the country, top manufacturers look to Atlanta as the market center to introduce product. More exhibitors are launching collections and opening showrooms than ever.
- Light & Living opens its first U.S. showroom for the January market. Light & Living, known for home lighting, tabletop accessories and gifts, will light up Floor 9 of Building 2 for the January market.
- Royal Copenhagen returns to AmericasMart on Floor 8 with a full collection of tabletop products and sought-after collectibles.
- Bridgman Importing, one of Canada’s largest gift companies, is expanding its AmericasMart showroom on Floor 6 of Building 2 to 4,000 square feet. Bridgman offers a diverse array of collectibles, clocks, frames, crystal and home furnishings.
- Manual Woodworkers & Weavers, based in North Carolina, continues to expand its Made in America selection of gifts in its Floor 6, Building 2 showroom.
- Bergen, N.Y.-based Pavilion Gift is opening a showroom on Floor 15 of Building 2 to show its full collection of home accents, décor and collectibles.
- Napa Home & Garden, a Georgia-based manufacturer of decorative ceramics, lightweight planters, terracotta pots, cachepots and decorative accessories, will relocate and expand to more than 7,500 square feet on Floor 12 of Building 2.
Enhancing and expanding access to the full Building 2 and Building 2 WestWing product mix, a newly configured corridor on Floor 10 will allow buyers to more easily navigate the entire spectrum of gift and home products in support of the growing convergence of cross-merchandising across traditional categories.
January 2013 marks another lineup of seminars and events to showcase trends and support growing categories.
- Lindsay Roberts of The Gift Insider will reveal her 10 favorite gifting items found among the permanent showrooms’ collections on Thursday, Jan. 10, at 10 a.m., Building 2, Floor 6 Escalator Lobby.
- Patricia Norins, publisher/CEO of Pinnacle Publishing Group, Inc., presents 50 Low-Cost Marketing Ideas to Boost Your Bottom Line. Learn more than 80 marketing ideas to help you build stronger relationships with your customers, increase store traffic and sell more products at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 12, in the Building 2, Floor 9 Seminar Room.
- David Bromstad, popular host of HGTV’s “Color Splash,” discusses his ideas to add color in any home at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 12, in the Building 2 Floor 9 Seminar Room. A cocktail reception follows at the Dugan-Bliss showroom, Building 2, Floor 17, Showroom 1701.
As consumers continue to entertain at home, AmericasMart offers retailers more options to shop the top names in the industry. Le Creuset, the renowned cookware and bakeware manufacturer, will expand to a 1,400-square-foot showroom on Floor 8 of Building 2 WestWing.Calphalon, the manufacturer of pots, pans, knives and small houseware items, opens its first Atlanta showroom.
In support of the growing exhibitor base, the Floor 8, Building 2 WestWing Demonstration Kitchen will sizzle with activity to help retailers learn about the products and how to best present them in stores.
- James Farmer of James Farmer Designs will bring life to his favorite recipes, which combine his grandmother’s traditional dishes with his passion for contemporary taste. A book sale and signing will follow the 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10 event.
- Adam Richman, of Travel Channel’s Man v. Food and Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America, will be in the kitchen with his personal touch on Saturday, Jan. 12 at noon.
Like every permanent product center, the permanent Gift offerings are supported by an entire collection of temporary categories. With more than 33 temporary categories, many feature gift opportunities, ranging from accessories to one-of-a-kind pieces. The new Gourmet LUXE and Gardens LUXE collections present high-end luxury products, while the Made in America collection offers a full range of merchandise all proudly made in this country.