Joseph Progar Elected President of the Polyurethane Foam Association
Joseph Progar, executive vice president of Advanced Urethane Technologies/Sleep Innovations, was elected to serve as president of the Polyurethane Foam Association (PFA) at the organization's Fall General Business and Technical Program in Hilton Head, SC.
"We have the benefit of working with a great product, and we have a tremendous opportunity to tell our story collectively," said Progar. "I look forward to continuing to be part of the very effective and important advocacy work being done by the PFA, and to reinforcing those efforts with new initiatives that strengthen our industry."
Prior to joining Advanced Urethane Technologies, Progar was vice president of sales and operations of the urethane division of Leggett & Platt, a company where he held a number of positions during more than 20 years. Progar was also a regional manager at United Foam Corporation for eight years.
PFA officers include:
- President: Joe Progar, Advanced Urethane Technologies, Inc., Chicago, Illinois
- 1st Vice President: Greg Davis, Wm. T. Burnett & Co., Jessup, Maryland
- 2nd Vice President: Bill Gollnitz, Plastomer Corporation, Livonia, Michigan
- Secretary: Joe Wingfield, Prestige Fabricators, Inc., Asheboro, North Carolina
- Treasurer: Bobby Bush, Hickory Springs Manufacturing Company, Hickory, North Carolina
- Immediate Past President: Lynn Knudtson, Future Foam, Inc., Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Executive Director, Bob Luedeka, Loudon, Tennessee