Home » ACI Emphasizes Responsibility in Concrete Construction at 2013 Convention
Understand the importance of “Responsibility in Concrete Construction” during the appropriately themed ACI Spring 2013 Convention, April 14-18.
In-line with the convention theme, the ACI Spring 2013 Convention will hold several technical sessions that discuss industry’s responsibility to meet the design, construction, safety, and performance demands of the future, as well as the duties and authority of all parties involved in various construction projects. Professional Development Hours (PDHs) may be earned during the 30+ sessions offered.
Convention attendees have the ability to influence industry codes and standards by participating in any of the 300+ committees and sub-committees that will meet over the course of the convention. A number of networking and career events will also be held to assist attendees in building their professional networks and advancing their careers.
Convention highlights include:
· The Opening Session and Awards Program where over 100 individuals and groups will be recognized for their contributions to the concrete industry.
· Technical tours of the I-35W Bridge, Gerdau Rebar Mill, and the Shoreview Pervious Concrete Neighborhood.
· Three student competitions, including the new Student Workability of Fresh Concrete competition that challenges students to create a mortar mixture with optimum flowability and stability.
· International Lunch with Dr. Peter Richner, Deputy Director of EMPA, detailing how episodes of infrastructure failure have helped shape the way for an even more successful future.
· Contractors’ Day Lunch during which Linda Figg, President and CEO of FIGG, will speak about the I-35W Bridge Reconstruction Project.
· Northwoods themed Concrete Mixer
· Concrete Industry Exhibition, featuring new products and services from the industry’s leading companies.
The convention will take place at the Hilton & Minneapolis Convention Center. Reduced rate sleeping rooms are available at the Hilton Minneapolis until March 20th based on availability. Attendees who register for the convention by March 17th will receive reduced registration rates.
To learn more about the ACI Spring 2013 Convention, reference the program at a glance at www.aciconvention.org.