On Sunday, April 14, 2013, the American Concrete Institute (ACI) recognized over 100 professionals, groups, and companies for their outstanding contributions and dedication to ACI and the concrete industry. Awards will be presented during the ACI Spring 2013 Convention Opening Session and Awards Program, beginning at 5:45 pm in the Auditorium of the Minneapolis Convention Center.
The Awards Program will begin with the induction of Honorary Members, ACI’s highest honor, which recognizes persons of eminence in the field of the Institute’s interest, or one who has performed extraordinary meritorious service to the Institute. The following five individuals will be inducted as Honorary Members: Kenneth B Bondy, Allen Face, Per Fidjestol, Anthony E. Fiorato and Ward R. Malisch.
ACI will also induct new 50-Year Members, and recognize these 40 individuals for maintaining their membership and participating in ACI activities for at least five decades. Next, ACI will honor 36 Fellows for their outstanding contributions to the production or use of concrete materials, products and structures in the areas of education, research, development, design, construction or management. View the convention Awards Program at www.aciconvention.org for a complete listing of the 50-Year Members and Fellows that will be honored.
The evening will conclude with the presentation of the following 21 medals and awards that recognize exemplary achievement, groundbreaking research, and service to ACI and the concrete industry:
· Arthur R. Anderson Medal - Charles K. Nmai
· Roger H. Corbetta Concrete Constructor Award - Dean A. Browning
· Joe W. Kelly Award - Paul J. Tikalsky
· Henry L. Kennedy Award - Thomas Otto Malerk
· Alfred E. Lindau Award - William F. Baker
· Henry C. Turner Medal - Colin L. Lobo
· Charles S. Whiteny Medal - ADAPT Corporation
· Cedric Willson Lightweight Aggregate Concrete Award - George Michael Robinson
· ACI Certification Award - Keith Foster • Wally Rooke • Bruce A. Suprenant
· ACI Young Memer Award for Professional Achievment - Scott R. Cumming • John T. Kevern • Kyle A. Riding
· Wason Medal for Most Meritorious Paper - W. Calvin McCall
· ACI Construction Award - Jeffrey St. John
· Wason Medal for Materials Research - Alessandro P. Fantilli • Hirozo Mihashi • Paolo Vallini • Bernardino M. Chiaia
· Chester Paul Siess Award for Excellence in Structural Research - Jason Barrington • David Dickson • Luke A. Bisby • Tim Stratford
· ACI Design Award - José Riobóo Martín
· Delmar L. Bloem Distinguished Service Award - Neven Krstulovic-Opara • Kimberly E. Kurtis • Diane Throop
· Chapter Activities Award - Thomas J. Grisinger • Anthony I. Johnson • Bartley William Kanters • Ephraim Senbetta
· Walter P. More, Jr. Faculty Achievement Award - Zachary C. Grasley
· Chapter Awards -- Citations of Excellence
· ACI Award for University Student Activities
· Educational Activites Committee Speaker of the Year Award - Robert J. Frosch
Learn more about each of the awardees listed above and a brief history of the award they will be receiving in the 2013 Awards Program available at www.aciconvention.org.
The ACI Spring Convention will be held at the Hilton and Minneapolis Convention Center, April 14-18. Throughout the convention, ACI will hold over 300 committee meetings, 30+ technical sessions, an industry trade exhibition, networking events, and more. Register for the convention at the Minneapolis Convention Center beginning, April 13, from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, April 14 – 16 from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, and April 17 from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. To learn more about the ACI Spring 2013 Convention please visit www.aciconvention.org.
For more information on the opening session, registration, and reduced hotel room rates, visit www.aciconvention.org.