The International Certified Floorcovering Installers Association's (CFI) Annual Convention takes place Nov. 12 through 14 in Dallas.
The CFI Convention draws professionals from every sector of the flooring industry. According to the association, the convention is the event where all of the business surrounding installation happens—a uniquely dedicated launching pad for companies debuting the latest products, tools and techniques.
Included at this year's convention will be:
• Heat Welding Commercial Sheet Flooring: Rick Herr and Tim Provence of Armstrong will review the latest tools and processes to successfully heat weld vinyl and linoleum sheet flooring. Attendees will have the opportunity toll heat weld.
• Cost Effective Solutions for Moisture Mitigation: Michael Lassetter of Traxx Corp will present a hands-on demonstration and technical data seminar for installing all flooring products over Traxx Shield 99—a rolled goods moisture barrier with protection up to 99% RH. All installers attending the seminar will be included in a drawing for a complete Kool Glide Installers Starter kit valued at $750.00.
• Independent Contractor vs. Employee Issue: Jeff King, counsel for the World Floor Covering Association (WFCA), will discuss the proper classification of independent installation contractors and how it affects all flooring businesses.
• Master II Prep Workshop: First prep workshop ever offered by the CFI Training Team for the highly acclaimed CFI Master II Carpet Certification. Hands-on stations will be set up for hand sewing, backings, bullnose stair and more.
• Adhesives 101 for the Floor Covering Installer: Jeffrey Johnson, MAPEI, will instruct how to select the right adhesive for a project and use it properly. Presentation will provide an overview of how adhesives work and what kinds of environmental aspects will affect bond performance.
• The Retailer and Installer Relationship: Tom Jennings, vice president of professional development at the WFCA, will discuss today's shortage of qualified installers, as well as increasing government scrutiny of the usage of contract labor and how it translates to big and steady changes in the dynamics of the retailer/installer relationship.
CFI has secured special discounted rates at the Marriott Grapevine facility that includes both the Courtyard and the TownePlace Suites.
For more information visit, cfiinstallers.org.