Certified Flooring Installers (CFI) is holding a two-day Woven & Patterned Carpet Workshop in Dallas, Sept. 22 and 23.
This two-day hands-on CFI Skills Workshop introduces new techniques and tools for the installation of woven and patterned carpets and techniques to provide solutions should problems occur in the field.
The topics that will be covered include:
- Importance of Customer Satisfaction
- Identification and Characteristics of the Weaves: Axminster, Velvet, Wilton
- Backing Identification
- Patterned, Woven Carpets, Commercial Setting, Direct Glue, Attached Cushion Commercial
- Type of Pattern, Importance of the Pattern Count, Understanding Terminology
- Seam Construction, Matching Tolerant and Deviant Patterns
- Pattern Tolerances, Hook Consideration and Pattern Loss
- Powerstretching and Wall Trimmer Installation Techniques, Stretch-In
- Tools: Deadman, Restretcher, Cottonhead, Dry Line, Square
- Addresses preparation, installation and problem solving techniques for woven carpets