St. Louis -- The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) recently opened the application process for the annual Wood Floor of the Year contest, which shines a spotlight on quality craftsmanship and innovative design in wood floor installations.
“Year after year, we look forward to presenting the Wood Floor of the Year awards to the artists in our industry. While we have given more than 200 awards over the years, it never gets old. Talented people, honed skills, and inspired creativity embody this competition and we are eager to honor some of the best work,” said Michael Martin, president and CEO.
This years’ awards will include the following categories:
- Best Color and Finish Application: Entries in this category include jobsite applied applications of dyes, reactive colorants, layered colors, and faux finishing.
- Best Circular/Curved Application: Entries in this category include any circular shape within a flooring system, such as circles, ovals, curves, and bent material. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
- Best Parquet/Inlay Application: Entries in this category include any hand-cut parquet pattern, medallion, marquetry, or intarsia inlay.
- Best Restoration/Makeover: Entries in this category include all types of restorations, replacements, or repairs, in either a residential or commercial application. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, or engineered wood flooring.
- Best Textured Wood Application: Entries in this category include scraped, wire-brushed, distressed, or any surface that is not traditional flat. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
- Best Use Of Technology Application: New this year, entries in this category have installed floors utilizing advancements in technology (CNC, laser, etc).
All entries submitted will be eligible to receive the Members’ Choice Award, which will be presented to the floor that receives the popular vote among NWFA members. The submission period is Oct.1, 2018 - Jan. 11, 2019. Winners will be revealed at the NWFA Wood Flooring Expo in Fort Worth, Texas, May 1-3, 2019.
For more information, visit www.nwfa.org.