The Floor Covering Education Foundation (FCEF), a newly formed, nonprofit organization dedicated to the recruitment, scholarship and placement of professional floorcovering installers, has announced its board of directors. With representatives from retailers, training organizations, advocacy groups, distributors, and manufacturers, the new board members’ collective expertise will strengthen the FCEF and ensure the Foundation’s power to overcome the installation crisis that affects the flooring industry.
Spearheaded by the World Floor Covering Association (WFCA), the FCEF’s initiative “We are Part of the Solution” is an industry-wide collaboration to solve the installation crisis. The formation of this board represents the breadth of industry participation and the depth of industry commitment.
“I’m so grateful for the incredible experience and dedication these board members bring to our newly-formed organization,” said Scott Humphrey, CEO of the World Floor Covering Association. “Their investment in this undertaking will help change the future of our industry forever.”
The FCEF Board of Directors includes:
- Scott Humphrey – World Floor Covering Association
- Ken Jackson – Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Karen Mendelson – Mohawk Industries
- Jeff Honkonen – Engineered Floors LLC
- Geoff Gordon – FUSE Commercial Flooring Alliance
- Joe Yarbrough – The Carpet and Rug Institute
- Robert Varden – International Certified Flooring Installers Association
- Dean Thompson – The Resilient Floor Covering Institute
- Kevin Gammonley – North American Association of Floor Covering Distributors
- Michael Martin – National Wood Flooring Association
- Bart Bettiga – National Tile Contractors Association
- Deb DeGraaf – World Floor Covering Association Chair
- Don Roberts – Retail Representative
For more information, visit https://wfca.org/fcef