Mapei’s Large-and-Heavy-Tile Mortar offers High Transfer Technology
MAPEI introduces Keraflex Super mortar, designed for use with large and heavy tiles. This innovative new polymer-modified mortar features high material transfer onto the backs of tiles, while retaining impressive non-sag/nonslump properties.
"The new Keraflex Super mortar features MAPEI’s High Transfer Technology, which provides excellent adhesion to the substrate," said Brian Pistulka, business manager for tile and stone installation products. "The improved adhesive properties yielded from the high transfer rate makes this mortar especially advantageous for use with large and heavy tiles. It is also ideal for edge-leveling clip applications."
Easy to mix, Keraflex Super mortar blends quickly to a lump-free consistency. The extra smooth mortar is also easy to trowel, requiring less effort and thus cutting application times. For interior and exterior applications, the new mortar is water-resistant and also highly resistant to freeze/thaw conditions. Keraflex Super can be applied over plywood as well as over uncoupling, crack-isolation, sound-reduction and waterproofing membranes.
MAPEI’s Keraflex Super features include:
- High Transfer Technology for superior wetting properties
- Non-sag/nonslump properties ideal for large-format and heavy tile/stone in wall and floor applications
- Ideal for lippage control systems applications
- For bond coats up to ½” (12mm) in embedded thickness
- Approved for interior/exterior water immersion conditions
For more information, visit mapei.com.