Merkrete Offers New Setting Material Solution for Large and Heavy Tile and Stone Installation
Merkrete, a Parex USA, Inc. brand, announced the launch of 725 Dustless Premium LHT Mortar, featuring new, innovative and patented Dustless Technology (DLT) from Parex USA. It is a premium grade LHT mortar for installing large and heavy porcelain, ceramic tile and natural stone to walls or floors in either commercial or residential applications. Its innovative Dustless Technology produces approximately 80% less dust than ordinary thin sets and is designed to promote cleaner working conditions.
725 Dustless Premium LHT Mortar is designed to meet the demands of flooring professionals with the contractor and end-user in mind. Key features and benefits include:
- For use with large and heavy tile and natural stone
- Non-slumping formula eliminates tile lippage
- May be applied up to 3/4" thick on horizontal applications
- Non-sag formula for vertical installations
- Exceeds ANSI A118.4 and A118.11
“Recently, we have observed the increasing popularity of large and heavy tiles, presenting new requirements and challenges to the tile and flooring industry,” said Merkrete Vice-President of Sales, Dan Voss. “These larger materials demand a setting mortar like 725 Dustless Premium LHT Mortar that offers non-slip characteristics for walls and excellent adhesion for added support and reduced lippage for floors.”
Also, 725 Dustless Premium LHT Mortar features new, innovative and patented DLT – Dustless Technology by Parex USA. This new product is easier to use, produces less dust, and works in a complete system with Merkrete’s product portfolio.
Designed with the contractor in mind, DLT features and benefits include:
- 80% Less Dust – Less dust versus ordinary thinsets
- Uses Less Water – Hydrates consistently and dries quicker
- Easier to Mix - Only the addition of water is required
- Easy Application - Creamier and easier to spread
- Longer Working Time – More versatile on the jobsite
- Less Mess to Cleanup – Saves time, labor and money
“Merkrete’s research and development engineers have created a product feature that provides distributors, contractors and end-users with a number of key performance benefits,” said Tom Carroll, senior product manager for Merkrete. “Our new DLT products reduce dust by approximately 80%, so now you have less dust from the factory, to the distributor warehouse, on the shelves, in your truck, and on the jobsite.”
The addition of 725 Dustless Premium LHT Mortar rounds out Merkrete's full line of setting materials, surface preparation products, waterproofing liquids and grouts.
For more information, please visit www.merkrete.com.