The newly formed National Association of Floor Covering Technicians (NAFCT), a non-profit 501(c)(6) trade association, announced its development of a trade association, comprised of technical flooring professionals, with a common goal to improve the flooring industry through training. NAFCT is focused solely on continuously working to provide a solution to the installation shortage the industry has been experiencing.
They recently named their board of directors:
- Sonny Callaham, co-founder and chairman
- Paul Pleshek, co-founder and executive director
- Sarah Fike, board of directors, secretary
- Grant Rumsey, board of directors, treasurer
- Brent Fike, general manager of technical, Roppe Holding Company
- Don Jewell, head of technical and production management, Loba-Wakol, LLC
- Jason Spangler, division manager-flooring, Wagner Meters
- Kevin Phillips, director of technical services, Novalis Innovative Flooring
- Mike Pigeon, operations manager, Floor Connection
- Robert Blochinger, owner principal, Blochinger & Company
- Sam Biondo, national technical presenter, Mapei Corporation
- Seth Pevarnik, director of technical services, Ardex Americas
- Tracy Muller, new product development, brand management, product positioning and marketing
- Alex Wiedenhoeft, research botanist and team leader, USDA Forest Products Laboratory's Center
- Frank Owens, assistant professor, Department of Sustainable Bioproducts, College of Forest Resources, Mississippi State University
- Patricia Vega, managing director, Wood-Based Composites Center, Oregon State University
Sonny Callaham, NAFCT co-founder and chairman says, “It only takes one failure for an installer to go out of business. Training participation and learning ‘ONE-THING’ could be the difference in one’s success. We [NAFCT] want to be here for you and be your ‘Go-To’ association for training - inspection, maintenance or sales. Not only will NAFCT provide affordable, accessible and frequent training, we will also be supplying the installer with the possibility of an endless career path."
With future focused training, NAFCT will be working with industry experts, manufacturers, and other flooring associations to provide advanced and affordable hands-on training, locally to the installer.
In January 2021, NAFCT will be launching specific training segments, compiled with key industry partners and manufacturers.
For more details, visit nafct.com.