Top 5 things installers should know when installing broadloom and carpet tiles
- Know the importance of floor prep requirements
- Use the recommended adhesive trowels and adhesive from the manufacturer
- Understand proper cutting techniques
- Know how to stretch, move and match patterns
- Understand pattern elongation
- The importance of substrate testing, pH, RH, MVER
Common challenges installers face when working with commercial carpet
- Improper seam preparation
- Bow and skew corrections
- Improper seam sealer application for broadloom
How do installers fix these common problems?
- Better education and training
- Knowledge of how to correct a pattern
Best tools on the market for carpet installations
- Crab stretchers and trimmers
Which industry associations can installers connect with for education sessions and training for this category?
- International Certified Flooring Installers Association (CFI) is the main installer certification training organization that installers can research and participate in learning/training opportunities.