National Tile Contractor Association (NTCA) will host day-long free training programs on large-format tile installation and gauged porcelain panel installations in July in Georgia and Kentucky.
On Friday, July 8, tile contractors will have the opportunity attend the substrate prep/LFT training at Floor & Decor at 1599 Memorial Drive Southeast, Kirkwood, Georgia. Trainers Matt Welner and Chad Jones will present the program. Register here.
On Wednesday, July 13, GPTP/slabs training will come to Norcross, Georgia, sponsored and hosted by Florida Tile at 1455 Oakbrook Drive. NTCA Trainers Matt Welner and Chad Jones will present the program. To register, click here.
Later in the month, the trainings repeat at Louisville Tile, both at 3939 Produce Rd., in Louisville, Kentucky, sponsored by Crossville. The Substrate Prep/LFT training will take place on Wednesday, July 20, and the GPTP/Slab Training commences the next day on Thursday, July 21 at the same location. NTCA Trainers Robb Roderick and Chad Jones will present the program. Register here for the July 20 session and here for the July 21 training.
These all-day trainings begin at 7:30 a.m.
What to expect
The Substrate Preparation and Large-Format Tile Training will show you how to use the ANSI A 108 standards and TCNA Handbook to address real world challenges in hands-on installations focusing on substrate examination and preparation for setting large-format tile.
The program will address:
- ANSI standards and how to apply them
- How to use the TCNA Handbook
- Different substrates and standards that apply to them
- Substrate preparation
- Setting large-format tile
The GPTP/Slabs Training can give you the grounding to install these panels with confidence and accuracy. This free training will teach you the new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP. You’ll also learn how GPTP is made, where it can be used and the special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it.
This program will emphasize:
- Introduction to tile industry standards
- Use of ANSI A108.19 to install Gauged Porcelain Tile and Panels
- Use of specialty tools and setting materials to install GPTP
- Working with a team to install GPTP
If your July schedule is full, plan for one of the three all-day regional trainings NTCA will conduct in August:
- August 10 at Genessee Tile, Burton, Michigan, sponsored by Atlas Concorde—GPTP
- August 17 at Daltile in Elk Grove Village, Illlinois—GPTP
- August 26 at America’s Floor Source in Columbus, Ohio—Thick-Bed Installation
- Click here to learn more.