Hardwood flooring contractors can now install both solid and engineered wood flooring products in just one step. Bostik, Inc., a world-class leader in specialty adhesives and flooring installation systems, offers state-of-the-art, fast-curing adhesives which include sound reduction. No longer are underlayments of cork, rubber or other materials needed. This translates into less time on the job and more time to get on to other projects.
“Working with hardwood adhesives offering maximum grip along with sound abatement offers so many advantages," said Jake Stadler, Bostik’s Market Manager for Hardwood & Soft Flooring Systems. "In particular, for multi-family housing, occupants don’t want to be annoyed by footsteps or a blasting home theater above or below. Bostik adhesive installation systems with Sound Guard not only minimize these bothersome interruptions. They also completely eliminate the need for mats or underlayments, which up until now were a necessity under hardwood flooring.”
Bostik now offers five products specifically designed to improve acoustics and outperform typical 1/4" cork and 2mm rubber underlayments. Independent laboratory testing results on Bostik’s five single-step products:
- Ultra-Set SingleStep2, a high performance AXIOS Tri-Linking adhesive, moisture control and sound reduction membrane
- IIC sound damping rating up to 70 dB.
Vapor-Lock, a hardwood adhesive, moisture control and sound reduction membrane
- IIC sound damping rating up to 69 dB.
- GreenForce, a high performance AXIOS Tri-Linking adhesive and moisture control membrane
- IIC sound damping rating up to 66 dB.
- PRO-MSP, a hardwood adhesive with moisture vapor protection
- IIC sound damping rating up to 64 dB.
- MVP4, a moisture vapor protection, anti-fracture and noise reduction membrane
- IIC sound damping rating up to 62 dB.
“The need for speed regarding today's hardwood installations is nothing new," said Stadler. "Now with Bostik's One-Step Sound Reduction products, contractors can not only offer faster installations... but also, lower project costs. Everyone wins!"
For more recent articles on Bostik, click here.
Report Abusive Comment