Happy New Year! I hope that everyone had a successful 2019 and you’re all making plans to have another successful year in 2020. Are you making plans to improve your business and skills to keep you competitive in the marketplace? Are you networking with peers to get ideas and problem solve? If you haven’t planned anything yet, you may want to consider planning on at least one business seminar and one skills seminar this next year to keep your edge.
There are so many educational opportunities in our industry that there is no excuse to not gain knowledge to help increase profits. Kicking off the year is The International Surface Event (TISE), held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, January 27-30. It’s not too late to sign up for the biggest event for tile/stone, and flooring in the United States.
You can get the education, network with peers, see a trade show with all the new trends, and it’s a tax write-off. Invest in yourself and the dividends will pay off. I hope to see you at one of the shows, and if you attend and see me, please say hi.
If you happen to miss TISE, here are some other flooring-related trade shows during the first quarter of the year.
- World of Concrete, February 3-7, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV
- Domotex USA, February 5-7, Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta, GA
- Floor Covering Contractors Association (FCICA) March 9-11, Sheraton Music City Hotel, Nashville TN
- Coverings for tile and Stone April 20-23 Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, LA
- National Wood Flooring Association Expo being held in April 28-30 Wisconsin Center, Milwaukee, WI